How to find a housekeeper
If you are experiencing trouble in keeping your home tidy and clean, whether due to the demands of your job or following an illness, it may be an excellent idea to find a housekeeper who can help. Here are some tips on how to find a housekeeper that will lighten your domestic work load and assist you in keeping your home and domestic arrangements in good order.
Why Should You Hire A Professional Asian Housekeeper?
Is there a definite time or situation in which placing a “Housekeeper Needed” ad is definitely the recommended course of action? As it turns out, there are many such scenarios, a few of which can be conveniently summarized as follows:
- You’re simply too busy to do it all by yourself. You’ve got a full time job, a spouse, and children to deal with. You may be so stressed out with your kid’s homework projects that cleaning up the living room floor and dusting the knickknacks on the shelves just don’t occur to you as often as it should.
- You may be recovering from a serious illness. You’ve just gotten out of the hospital, in which case you’re more inclined to spend time in bed slowly recovering your strength than fixing pot pies for the kids and vacuuming the Persian rugs.
- You may be caring for an aged parent, in which case your priorities are elsewhere, and your attention span isn’t focused on dusting and vacuuming.
- You’re not in your home for months at a time. Your job or other pursuits may keep you away from your property for weeks or months at a time. How can you possibly keep the place clean when you simply aren’t physically present?
- There are areas of your home that require professional cleaning skills and equipment. If this is the case, you’re certainly not going to risk damaging expensive property by attempting to clean and maintain it yourself.
- You aren’t a particularly good housekeeper. These are skills that not everyone possesses, and it’s better to admit it than live in shame over it.
- You simply don’t feel like doing it. Again, it’s better to just come clean and admit it, rather than ignoring it.
What Services Does Asian Housekeepers Normally Provide?
When it’s time to find and secure an Asian maid service, it’s a good idea to make sure that they are fully experienced and qualified to provide a wide range of services. Of course, the exact number of nature of services a housekeeper is willing to provide will always be subject to negotiation. In most circumstances, these services will include, but should not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Answering the phone
- Washing dishes
- Washing clothes
- Folding laundry
- Cleaning windows
- Cleaning various surfaces in the bedroom, living room, and kitchen
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Making the bed
- Cooking a meal or two for the Family
How To Find A Reliable And Trustworthy Housekeeper
When you’re looking for housekeeping services in Los Angeles, there are a number of avenues you can explore in order to find the right person for the job. In the age of the Internet and social media, it’s certainly not hard to find a housekeeper. The real issue is finding one who understands your specific needs as an employer and can perform the necessary tasks in a manner that relieves you of these stressful and time consuming obligations.
Looking for Asian House Cleaners doesn’t need to be a costly and painful process. Your main criteria should be to make absolutely sure that you are hiring a fully professional and trustworthy individual for the job. There are a number of steps that you can take in order to minimize the time and effort that you spend on the search for a reliable housekeeper, including the following:
- Reference checks. It’s important to check the resume of any applicant; along with all the references they provide, in order to make sure that they really do have the necessary experience and qualifications for the position.
- Criminal background checks. Pretty self explanatory. You certainly don’t want to hire a convicted felon, especially if your home contains valuables that can’t be easily locked away from the reach of potentially sticky fingers. And you definitely don’t want a felon looking after your kids while you’re away from home.
- Health Screening. You want to make sure the person you hire doesn’t suffer from a crippling alcohol or drug addiction that may result in shoddy work, frequent absences, and potential criminal activity.
- Legal work status. It’s a thorny issue, but it’s more relevant than ever. The person you hire needs to show proof of their eligibility not only when it comes to working for you, but for residing and working in the United States.
When Looking For Housekeeper Services, Do You Have To Check Everything?
There are other important considerations to keep in mind, such as checking the credit of a prospective employee, as well as checking to see if they have documentation from the Department of Health and Human Services. While all of this may seem like an impossible list of verifying documents for any one person to assemble, you’ll need to make at least a cursory check into all or most of the above listed criteria.
However, just as you don’t necessarily have the time to handle all of your household and housekeeping responsibilities all by yourself (which, after all, is the very reason there’s a housekeeper needed in the first place), you probably also won’t want to spend precious time and money verifying every last little detail of a potential employee’s work history and employer references.
How To Find A Housekeeper: Do It Yourself Or Employ A Service Provider
It may be best for you to leave all of the reference vetting to a professional provider of housekeeping services. Hiring such a service allows you to review a short list of housekeepers who have already been fully checked and vetted by the company. At My Asian Nanny, we ensure that every one of our vetted housekeepers in Los Angeles are on track and held accountable for their job responsibilities.
This frees you up to simply hire the candidate who appeals most to your personal sense of what you’re looking for in a housekeeper, without having to go through all of the tedious rigmarole of asking a thousand interview questions and making a thousand more phone calls to verify their references.
In The End, The Choice Is Yours
In the end, the answer to the question of how to find a housekeeper depends on just how much time and effort you are willing to put into the selection and verification process. If you’re the type of person who likes to stay on top of things in the most hands on fashion, you’ll naturally want to do most of the work yourself.
If you are unwilling, or unable, to devote as much time to the process of finding a suitable housekeeper, it’s probably best that you use a professional service provider to do the vetting for you. No matter what you may choose, the above listed tips should put you on the right path toward hiring a housekeeper that will help you get your household affairs back on the right track.